- Fred Grapstein is President of Vornado Realty Trust leading their hospitality group for 18 years.
- He has primary responsibilities for 2.5 million square feet in Manhattan, including 2,500 guest rooms and 750k of commercial/retail space.
- The most recent hospitality acquisition was of the Crowne Plaza Times Square, an 800 room Times Square property and the only hotel with a Broadway street address.
- Previously Fred was with Merrill Lynch as a Vice President in their Real Estate Group negotiating purchase, lease, and joint venture transactions.
- Fred is a member of the Board of Directors of the Hotel Association of New York City and a member of its Negotiating Committee.
- He’s also a long-standing member of the Hospitality Council of New York and a Hospitality Asset Managers Association.
- He has an MBA from New York University and is an Ellis Island Medal of Honor recipient.